Wednesday, October 20, 2004

 

'1984' Is Like, Sooooo Twenty Years Ago!


hi there, earthlings
Originally uploaded by jonnybutter.



One of the main dangers of fighting a war (or having any kind of main enemy) is that of becoming like your enemy. For example, the advent of the United States' relatively authoritarian, 'garrison state', 'military industrial complex', era was a Cold War response. Other examples abound. In the words of famous Quaker moralist Richard Nixon: 'Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.'

I was not really surprised to see budding dictator Vladimir Putin ('Puty-poot') endorse George W. Bush for re-election. They're buddies, and probably see eye to eye about a lot of things. As I've said before, they both see themselves as 'men of destiny', and seem to feel, hey! screw anybody who doesn't 'get it'! But I had to make sure I wasn't dreaming when I read first thing this morning that the Iranian government (yes, the 'mooolahs') had done the same thing! Seems they feel that Democrats tend to be too concerned with 'human rights' and other pesky stuff. My, my. Who will win the all-important Qaddafi Endorsement? And what about that other member of the Axis of Evil, Kim Jong Il's North Korea?

Even though we haven't heard from him, I think we know who bin-Laden - if alive - is pulling for: his number-one recruiter, naturally.




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?